07 October 2009

What are Blogs good for in MY classroom?

As an instructor, I can use blogs to update my class lessons. I can create a blog for each class, post lesson plans, objectives, links, and calendars on this site. That way, my students have a site to access to find homework and review. I can also use blogs to create class or small group discussions. I can post questions and have students respond to each other.

Students could create small group blogs so that they could quickly discuss group assignments with each other. This allows them to work independently and share information with the group. Students could also use a blog to communicate with me. We could either have a comments blog where students can make suggestions, post questions, or make comments about the class. Students can use blogs as a daily journal where they respond to general classroom feeling, specific questions I ask, or questions they have in general. Finally, I could have students update a blog throughout the year with the work they are most proud of to assemble a portfolio they can easily show their parents and that won't get lost.

1 comment:

  1. I especially like your use of Blogs for group work and the followup sharing/collaboration!

    ReplyDelete